Advanced Player's Manual (PDF)
Advanced Player's Manual
A Sourcebook for 3rd Era games
Written by Skip Williams
Cover by William C. Eaken
224-page, fully-bookmarked PDF created from source files
An 11.9MB download
Version 3.5 rules-compatible
Dragons and Dungeon-dwellers Beware!
The perfect complement for your PH, the Advanced Player's Manual gives your characters all new capabilities. Like other books in Green Ronin's Advanced series, this book is all about options, expansions, and moving your games into new directions. With new race flexibility, variant magic classes, mass combat rules, and more, you have the tools to create a host of unique and interesting characters, or to improve existing ones. Whether player or GM, this book breathes fresh air into character building, putting the power into your hands. Better still, each chapter is modular in design, making it easy to choose options are appropriate for your games. Used by itself or in conjunction with Green Ronin's Advanced Bestiary and the Advanced Gamemaster's Guide, your games can only improve with this invaluable resource. Inside, you'll find:
- Luck defined as a new ability score with several options for incorporating it into your games.
- A complete toolbox for building your own variations of the core races, while also giving guidelines for building planetouched races, half-races, and greater races.
- Six new base classes including the eldritch weaver, spellmaster, and thanemage, including epic progressions for each.
- New uses and modifiers for skills based on creature types body types, and a selection of new feats including Fighting Withdrawal and Taunt.
- An all-new numeric based alignment system with examples for creatures found in the MM.
- Mass combat rules, fully compatible with Malhavoc Press' Cry Havoc.
- Over 100 new spells, like crown of valor, foozle, and the devastating ring of fire.
- The psychic base class and the skill- and feat-based psychic system first presented in Green Ronin's popular Psychic's Handbook.
- Engaging illustrations from top artists like Toren "Macbin" Atkinson, Drew Baker, Kent Burles, Storn Cook, Marcio Fiorito, James Smith III, Joseph Wigfield, and Lisa Wood.
Written by the d20 guru and sage Skip Williams, author of the MM, the Advanced Player's Manual is the perfect sourcebook to take your games to the next level.
The Advanced Player's Manual PDF Preview #2: Luck
Learn all about Luck, a new ability score for your d20 System characters.
The Advanced Player's Manual PDF Preview
Read all about the Spellmaster, and a little bit about the Thanemage, straight out of the pages of The Advanced Player's Manual.
Advanced 3rd Era Rulebooks FAQ
Answers to frequently asked questions about Green Ronin Publishing's Advanced 3rd Era Rulebooks.
Get a Close-Up of the Advanced Player's Manual Cover
Check out this brilliant cover piece by William C. Eaken!