Fantasy AGE Core Rulebook (Second Edition) (Print)
Fantasy AGE Core Rulebook
Design and Development Team: Steve Kenson, Ian Lemke, Chris Pramas, Malcolm Sheppard, Owen K.C. Stephens
Adventure Game Engine (AGE) created by Chris Pramas
Adventure Design: Crystal Frasier
Editing: Carol Darnell, Michael Matheson, Evan Sass
Art Direction: Hal Mangold and Owen K.C. Stephens
Cover Artist: Wayne Reynolds
Cartography: John Wilson
Interior Artists: Joewie Aderes, Hannah Baker, Elena Barbieri, Simon Carr, Victor Corbella, Jan Cruz, Biagio D’allesandro, Stanislav Dikolenko, Olga Drebas, Toby Fox, Anna Grinenko, Brian Hagan, Ilich Henriquez, Jack Hoyle, Claudia Ianniciello, Danil Luzin, Anderson Maia, Alyssa McCarthy, Johnny Morrow, Mirco Paganessi, Wayne Reynolds, Bryan Syme, Andrey Vasilchenko, and Carlos Villa
Format: 224 pages, full color, hardback
Leap into sword & sorcery RPG adventures with the Fantasy AGE Core Rulebook!
Powered by the popular Adventure Game Engine, Fantasy AGE 2nd Edition is easy to learn, fun to play, and welcoming to new roleplayers. The Fantasy AGE Core Rulebook includes these features:
- Simple Character Creation: Pick an ancestry (such as draak, dwarf, goblin, and wildfolk), pick a class (envoy, mage, rogue, or warrior), pick a specialization (such as duelist, diplomat, pirate, and sword mage), and jump into the action.
- Heroic Stunts: The heart of the game is the stunt system, which brings dynamism and drama to the table. Roll doubles on 3d6 to pull off unexpected moves in combat, cast more potent spells, perform amazing feats of physical and mental prowess, or even cut a rival down to size with a few clever words.
- Mighty Magic: Spell casters learn arcana, which are themed groups of spells. Mixing and matching the 19 arcana gives the mage class a huge amount of flexibility. To get started, choose two arcana like Beast, Cold, Death, Earth, Fate, Fire, Healing, Protection, Mind, and Shadow.
- Game Master Guidance: If you are new to RPGs or have never GMed before, the Core Rulebook breaks it all down for you. Not just GM advice but practicalities as well. There’s guidance for each of the GM’s four roles: Game Planner, Game Host, Game Runner, and Game Moderator.
- Customizable Rules: The GM can use optional rules for the campaign to better reflect the setting. Choices include the twin systems of Peril and Daring, which allow for dramatic swings from disadvantage to advantage as the tension builds. Horror rules can give the campaign a sinister turn. The Fortune system is an alternate way to handle health and damage first introduced in The Expanse RPG.
- The Stranger Shores: The Core Rulebook introduces a campaign setting of its own called Stranger Shores. Brave the Deeps, which have been the doom of many a ship. Sail with a Mystic Navigator to travel to distant lands.
- Breakwater Bay: Enter the Stranger Shores with Breakwater Bay, a starting adventure area to kick off your campaign. The book includes Set Sails for Breakwater Bay, a complete adventure.
- So Much More: You’ll also find character talents, challenging monsters, chase rules, magic items, relationships and bonds, and more. This is the complete package.
- Part of the Family: Green Ronin publishes other RPGs powered by the Adventure Game Engine: The Expanse, Modern AGE, Blue Rose, Cthulhu Awakens, and Fifth Season. If you’ve played any AGE games, you already know the core of the system. Veteran gamers will be pleased to hear that Fantasy AGE 2nd Edition is largely compatible with all previous Fantasy AGE releases.
Swords, sorcery, stunts, and Stranger Shores—the Fantasy AGE Core Rulebook is your portal to exciting new RPG adventures!
- Fantasy AGE Core Rulebook PDF Preview 1
- Fantasy AGE Core Rulebook PDF Preview 2
- Fantasy AGE Second Edition Character Sheet