True Sorcery (PDF)
True Sorcery (PDF)
A magic system for 3rd Era, True20, and other OGL games
By Robert J. Schwalb
Format: 129 page PDF distilled from source files
A 24.9 MB download
Version 3.5 rules-compatible
Behold the Power of True Sorcery!
Introducing a flexible and innovative magic system, True Sorcery puts eldritch mastery into your hands. Forget slots and spells per day; True Sorcery gives you the power to build spells of your own design, letting you decide how fast, how far, and how potent your spells will be. Inside this book, you'll find:
- The Spellcaster class that serves as the foundation for this magic system.
- Rules for using the spellcaster with the d20 Modern Roleplaying Game.
- Several new skills including Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, and Resistance
- Over a dozen new feats such as Aligned Infusion and Reckless Caster.
- A complete system of magic that can be used alongside or in place of other d20 magic systems.
- Over 50 spells, from which you can build and blend new unlimited spell effects, including Create Matter, Flight, and Teleport.
- Example spell effect builds for each spell.
- A new system for creating magic items, offering a simple method for creating single-use items or mighty artifacts of incredible power.
- Variant rules for incorporating taint and true names.
- Extensive appendices for adapting this book for use with Green Ronin's Thieves' World, True20 Adventure Roleplaying, and Malhavoc Press's Iron Heroes including an alternate Arcanist class.
Based on the award winning magic system of The Black Company Campaign Setting, True Sorcery revises and expands that popular magic system for use in any d20 or OGL game. Armed with this book, you become the true master of magic. Take a bold step into a new world of magical possibilities with True Sorcery!
True Sorcery Extras
- True Sorcery Errata & Clarifications [68 Kb PDF]
This PDF presents errata and clarifications for True Sorcery
- True Sorcery PDF Preview #2 [201 Kb PDF]
PDF Preview #2 for True Sorcery, from Chapter Three: Spells & Effects, details effects possible with the spells Obscure, Pattern, and Planewalker.
- True Sorcery PDF Preview #1 [228 Kb PDF]
This PDF preview from Chapter One of True Sorcery details the core class of the True Sorcery magic system, the spellcaster.